President- Enactus India
Location: India – Specific City Flexible
Annual Salary: 45 – 56 Lakh Rupees (~$56,00 – $70,000 USD) depending on experience
For nearly 20 years Enactus India has shaped next generation leaders and supported them in taking entrepreneurial action to create a better India. We now seek our next President to lead this national organization toward our vision that young leaders everywhere use innovation and business skills to ensure that all people thrive in a sustainable world.
Enactus India is a partner of Enactus, a 47-year-old global network of leaders committed to using business as a catalyst for positive social and environmental impact. Across more than 35 countries, Enactus educates, inspires, and supports young people to use innovation and entrepreneurship to solve the world’s biggest problems and contribute to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. Each year, we collectively reach tens of thousands of college and university students across thousands of campuses around the world. In 2022, this work positively impacted the lives of 13.1 million people.
Since 2003, Enactus India has educated young social entrepreneurs, annually serving more than 4,700 college students on more than 120 campuses. These students launch and operate more than 180 projects that positively impact more than 1.2 million people each year.
Enactus India is now at a critical inflection point. The next Enactus India President will deeply believe in Enactus’s shared global vision and will work to contribute to that vision at the national level. This role is responsible for the visionary, strategic, and operational leadership of Enactus India, including leading staff; engaging and inspiring stakeholders; developing and implementing innovative, diversified revenue strategies; and managing enterprise financial & governance regulations. The role reports to the statutory board of SIFE India, an Association licensed under section 25 of the Companies Act of India 1956, and the operating organization of Enactus India.
The next Enactus India President will:
• Engage and invest external stakeholders in an evolved Enactus India vision and value proposition: Enactus believes that achieving the Sustainable Development Goals requires diverse, impact-oriented, globally-informed leadership. Enactus India utilizes experiential education to prepare college students with the business and entrepreneurial mindsets and skills needed to create a better India and world. The next Enactus India President will be charged with developing a bold vision and strategy for Enactus India’s future and reintroducing Enactus India to key stakeholders. This will include growing and leveraging the organization’s Board.
• Significantly Expand and evolve Enactus India’s fundraising base: The Enactus India President will be fully responsible for Enactus India fundraising and financial management, including ensuring compliance with all reporting requirement and applicable standards, and ensure the organization’s activity is economically sound. Enactus India has historically been primarily funded through corporate sponsorships. In addition to re-engaging past corporate partners, the President will quickly need to develop and implement strategies to secure new corporate, philanthropic, individual, and/or government donors
partnerships, Enactus and Enactus United States are now working to diversify our revenue strategies and build a strong philanthropic orientation.
• Catalyze the Enactus India alumni community: Enactus India has thousands of alumni who have engaged with the program over the last 20 years. Engaging these dynamic leaders is critical to scaling the impact of Enactus India over the next 3-5 years.
• Lead a small team: The Enactus India President will directly manage a remote team of 2 full-time staff and various student interns. The team is responsible for direct student engagement and team support, events management, and administrative operations.
Experience and Education
Enactus India seeks an entrepreneurial leader with 10+ years of professional experience, which includes successfully setting strategic direction, raising revenue from diversified sources, and leading teams to ambitious, measurable outcomes. This role also requires:
• Deep, demonstrated professional commitment to Enactus India’s vision, mission, and values (integrity, passion, collaboration, and innovation). This may include experience as an NGO/ nonprofit executive, social enterprise leader, accelerator leader, entrepreneur, or corporate social responsibility leader.
• Proven experience building a comprehensive NGO / nonprofit fundraising or for-profit sales operation aligning multiple aspects of revenue development
• Demonstrated experience developing and executing a regional or national growth strategy and working with governing and/or advisory boards to develop and navigate multi-year strategic plans.
• Demonstrated experience with Indian nonprofit / NGO financial management, including knowledge of the Foreign Contributions Regulation Act (FCRA) and associated compliance regulations.
• Knowledge of and experience with the Indian entrepreneurial accelerator network, CSR landscape and/or the Indian higher education ecosystem, including successfully working leaders these areas to achieved shared goals.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, including an ability and desire to develop and maintain strong relationships with a variety of diverse stakeholders, and competence as a highly articulate communicator, skilled at delivering a compelling case for support.
• Experience designing, implementing, and evaluating other experiential / entrepreneurial/ social impact education programs is highly preferred. Direct experience with Enactus a plus!
• Bachelor’s degree required; an advanced degree in business administration or another relevant field is preferred.
• This role requires the ability to regularly travel throughout India to maintain and expand Enactus India’s reach and impact.
This board of Enactus India is managing this search process. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume/ CV to Robyn Fehrman, President & CEO, Enactus: [email protected]. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.